Celeb diets. No matter if we’re on one ourselves, we’re all guilty of having a nose at what our A list friends are doing diet-wise. It seems we share with celebs their food highs and lows – we’re secretly a bit pleased when they pack on a couple of pounds at the beginning of a new relationship, and in awe when they step out onto the red carpet looking trim and toned. There’s no denying that we’re influenced by what they swear by – when Jennifer Aniston made public that she took Echinacea to support her immune system, you can bet your bottom dollar millions of hopeful fans rushed out to buy Echinacea in the hope this herb would make them look like her.
This can only be classed as normal in today’s celeb culture. But what about the diets that seem to go too far? Or the weird, and quite frankly, absurd things we’ve heard celebs doing in a bid to get the perfect body? Let’s take a look at some of the weirdest fads that have been seen on the diet radar so far…
- Jersey Shore star Snooki began following Dr. Siegal’s cookie diet. The rules meant that you could eat one meal a day and six cookies to stifle your hunger. It doesn’t sound healthy in the slightest…
- Megan Fox has said that she keeps in shape by drinking a combination of apple-cider vinegar and water before every meal. Bitter!
- Beyonce lived on water, cayenne pepper and maple syrup for 14 days when filming the movie Dreamgirls. She said herself she, “didn’t feel good.” We wonder why, B.
- Katie Holmes decided to lose weight by only eating carrot soup for breakfast and raw broccoli for lunch and dinner. Now, we’re all for your five-a-day, but not as your only source of food!
- Eggs-treme: When filming Cold Mountain, Nicole Kidman went on the ‘hardboiled egg’ diet. This meant she had one egg in the morning and two eggs for dinner. It must have been boring. Not to mention smelly!
- Reese Witherspoon tried to lose weight on a diet of baby food – she’d eat baby food pots instead of normal meals. Err, Reese, it’s called ‘baby’ food for a reason..!
- Topping the fad charts though, is Madonna, who has been known to frequently be on a diet called The Air Diet. This involves holding food, but resisting from eating it. Just eat it, Madge!
These weird food fixes aren’t just weird, but unhealthy too, so ladies, don’t try these at home! You’re far more likely to lose weight, and keep it off, if you eat healthily, exercise regularly and take natural supplements.
Check out Holland & Barrett for amazing health products!