We’re getting closer, ladies! Spring is almost here! We’re a few short weeks away and I’m excited. Not only because I can see a touch of color under the melted snow where I am, but because I’m seeing bright, beautiful color on the racks of all my favorite fashion retailers. And when I say color, I mean lots of it! Purrrty…
So, this means I’m kind of extending my candy colored discussion from last week to take about this spring fashion trend; these colors are definitely worth talking about it! It seems the color blocking trend from last season is still around, and I think it’s probably one of the easier looks to pull off. To do it, choose two or three complementary colors (think: bright pink, orange, and white), add a neutral clutch and pumps, and show off the look!
Just be sure not to wear too many brights at the same time or you may end up looking like Route 128 in Peabody, Massachusetts this week when a tractor trailer full of printer ink crashed and spilled all over the highway. Trust me, not a good look.
Check out any of the numerous zuuzs retailers and you’re sure to see lots of bright pinks, oranges, and reds; light blues and aquas; rich kelly greens; purples and lilacs; and of course, intense sunny yellows. It all makes for an exciting spring palette to work with!
[Products in image above, clockwise from left:]
- H&M Low-rise pants in stretch cotton twill, $24.95
- Forever 21 Silky pleated skirt, $19.90
- Target Mossimo Womens Shirred Dress w/Back Tie, $27.99
- Vince Camuto One Button Blazer – Yellow, $165.00
- Steve Madden TAXXI, $89.95
- Zappos Elliott Lucca Handbags Lucca 3-Way Demi, $78.00
- Aldo Fravel pump, $90.00
- Old Navy Color-Blocked Button-Tab Top, $29.94
- Mango Wrapped dress, $79.99
- Mango Straight-cut dress – Pink, $49.99
- Charlotte Russe Green double-breasted blazer, $39.99
Have fun, and let us know which colors you’ll be working with this spring in the comments below!